Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Man Soap

Ok- so most of the time my posts are informational or emotional or whatever.  But today I must discuss a topic of utmost importance......man soap.

Yes- you read that correctly- man soap. 

My son, Ian, is six and got a cast put on his broken arm today.  He was very brave and did a great job of staying still while the doctor put the blue waterproof cast on his arm.  On the way home, his sister wanted to stop at the mall so she could go to Bath and Bodyworks so she could get some shower gel and lip gloss. 

Ian was NOT impressed.  At all.  He wandered around after me like a grouchy puppy, telling me how much he did not want to be in a girl store.  Until he saw the man soap.

He ran over to the display and yelled, "I FOUND THE MAN SOAP!"  I had no idea what he was screaming about until he pointed at the brown bottle that said "Twilight Woods- For Men".  He jumped up and down, "Look Mommy!  It's the vampire man soap that Daddy uses!" 

I tried not to laugh as I explained that it was soap for men- Daddy did use the Twilight soap but it was not vampire soap.  He said he wanted to smell some of the other man soaps so he did and he loved the Ocean scent.  He proceeded to tell me that he had been so brave getting his cast on and could I please buy him some Man Soap because he had been strong like a man? 

I looked into those big brown eyes- and I lost it!  I began to laugh until my sides hurt.  I honestly tried not to- but it was so funny to me!  Ian laughed too, but asked again if he could have some man soap. 

It just so happens that the man soap was $3 a bottle- so Ian got two Ocean man soaps. 

He was so proud as he put his soap on the counter.  "This is my MAN SOAP!"  He told the clerk.
She asked him why he called it that.  "Because my Daddy uses it so he can smell like a man!" 

Of course he had to have his own bag for his man soap, which he carried out through the store and into the mall.  He went on and on about his man soap and when I made a quick call to a friend on my cell phone he reminded me to tell her about his blue man soap. 

He told everyone at Steak and Shake about his man soap.  And his best friend Liam. 
Now Liam wants man soap but because he has skin issues- he can't use it. 

When Rich came home from work, Ian told him all about the man soap. 

Rich laughed, but I think it's one of those things where you had to be there to really appreciate the hilarity of it all. 

Guess who used his Ocean scented man soap in his bath tonight? 
Come on...I'll bet you'll never guess......

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, how cool is that! Today he became a man. Who knew it was so easy?

    ReplyDelete