Friday, November 22, 2013

Long Time No See!

I realized that it's been a year since I've blogged about writing.  So to update:

I finished my first YA Fantasy book in November of last year and began the edits in January.

I didn't get too far with the edits and ended up writing bits and pieces of other parts of the series or character sketches, or pretty much anything that would keep me away from editing OR writing the second book in the series. 

I had surgery in April- which gave me some much needed rest and time to begin to dream about my story again.

I made the commitment to do the National Novel Writing Month, this month and so far have almost 30,000 words toward a goal of 50,000. 

One big thing that doing NaNoWiMo is that my butt in in my chair every day.  I am down in my Dungeon (writing room) each day and it is slowly becoming a habit to go down early each morning at 5am and pound out the word count. 

It doesn't sound glamorous and it's NOT.  But it is assisting me in getting back to my story and to not only dream, but to do the work that makes the dream real. 

One of the cool parts of writing so much in a month is that I have fallen in love with my series again and am excited to find out more by writing it down.  I'm also stoked to see some of my fellow writers get a high word count and see their goals become reality too!

I need to get back at it down in my Dungeon, but I wanted to update all of you who haven't heard from me in a year.  I promise that in December I will be back with how NaNo ended up and how many words I really wrote. 

Until then- dream big and then work hard to make them come true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment